My Personal Space in the World

A young Black woman, mother to four children, trying to find some kind of existence in this vast space called earth.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's Been a While

It's been a while since I been here. Things became so hectic at home and school, I just didn't have the time. Things are still hectic but I am taking the time now to write.

The semester has started and so far, so good. I completed my associate degree in healthcare administration last month. It felt good to see "Degree Awarded" on my school's information system. I switched to the bachelor of science in healthcare management for the spring but I made a big decision....I decided to transfer to nursing school for the Fall. I know that life as I know it will cease for the next 2 years but it's worth it. This is something that I always wanted to do but didn't have the fortitude to follow it through. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I have to type something about the passing of Coretta Scott King. I was saddened to hear it but it was expected, kind of. I remember seeing her earlier last month at a function for her husband, Dr. King and she didn't look too good. I thought to myself that it didn't look like she had much longer and it seemed that my thought came true. Her death is such a loss to the civil right movement that I hope that it doesn't die along with her. She is at peace now and with her husband. I hope their children will keep the dream alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home